Steve Aoki and BUQU® Drop Tasty New ‘Cake Me’ Power Bank at 2017 CES
Along with Aoki’s Signature Model BUQU Announced Five New Power Bank Designs Offering More Ways to Charge in Style
Las Vegas, Nevada,(CES Booth – 31850 LVCC South Hall) January 5, 2017 – BUQU® (pronounced BOO-KOO), a pioneer in fashion forward charging accessories has teamed up with legendary GRAMMY® nominated DJ and producer Steve Aoki to bake up a sweet new cake slice shaped power bank, ‘Cake Me™’ debuting today for the first time at 2017 CES.
“I’m on the go 24/7 and am always charging so it made a ton of sense to team up with BUQU on this project since I was already rocking their chargers,” says Aoki. “I love that I can clip it to my belt loop or backpack so I always have it with me.”
BUQU® is also announcing a total of six new power banks. Each will provide enough power to fully charge most smartphones one time and feature a 2,500mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery. They all include a clip for attaching to backpacks, purses, handbags, totes, belt loops and gym bags to quickly become conversation pieces. Each and every BUQU® power accessory includes a limited lifetime warranty and is built to last.
The new line includes:
- Steve Aoki’s CAKE ME™ ($24.99): You can have your cake and charge it too with this Steve Aoki designed cake slice power bank for the ultimate smartphone sugar rush (ships February 2017)
- GHOST™ ($19.99 USD): This little glow-in-the-dark ghoul will provide enough scare to bring your phone back from the dead (ships February 2017)
- POWER POOF™ ($19.99 USD): These faux fur pom-poms make for the perfect purse charm – offering a stylish new approach to powering smartphones while on the go. Available in plum and black (ships February 2017)
- CHILL™ ($19.99 USD): Chill out with this penguin power bank for the perfect blend of cute and cool (ships February 2017)
- POPS™ ($19.99 USD): This creamsicle inspired power bank is a fun summer treat for your smartphone (begins shipping mid-March 2017)
- MELO™ ($19.99 USD): Let your smartphone take a bite of this watermelon power bank to juice up when you’re running low (begins shipping mid-march 2017)
The new line of BUQU® power banks, including CAKE ME™ are available now for pre-order at www.mybuqu.com and will begin shipping late February 2017. The line will be featured at Tilly’s, Forever 21 and other fine retailers nationwide starting March 2017.
BUQU is short for Be Unique, but it’s more than just a band name or slogan. We believe it’s better to express your individuality than conform to the accepted norm. Each of our mobile power accessories are stylish and fun just like the individuals that depend on them.
About Steve Aoki
STEVE AOKI is a 2x Grammy-nominated international producer/DJ, electronic dance music entrepreneur, and founder of the trendsetting record label, events/lifestyle company and apparel line Dim Mak. Since launching in 1996, Dim Mak has broken bands such as Bloc Party, The Bloody Beetroots, Klaxons, and The Gossip through deftly marketed single and full-length releases and now has nearly 500 releases to date. As a solo artist, AOKI has become a force of nature averaging over 250 tour dates per year. AOKI's second artist album NEON FUTURE I, was released September 30, 2014 via Dim Mak/Ultra Music and features his Gold certified single "Delirious (Boneless)" with Chris Lake and Tujamo featuring Kid Ink, "Born To Get Wild" featuring will.i.am and "Rage The Night Away" featuring Waka Flocka Flame. The second part of his Neon Future album, NEON FUTURE II, was released on May 12, 2015 and features collaborations with Linkin Park, Matthew Koma, Snoop Lion, Rivers Cuomo and NERVO, plus a very special appearance by creative genius J.J. Abrams who voices the outro to close the album. AOKI's other current tracks include "How Else" featuring Rich The Kid and iLoveMakonnen, "Back 2 U" with Boehm featuring WALK THE MOON, "Can't Go Home" with Felix Jaehn featuring Adam Lambert and most recently “Just Hold On” with One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson—a global smash that after the pair debuted the song with a performance on X Factor UK hit #1 on iTunes in over 40 countries. STEVE AOKI is also the featured subject of the Grammy-nominated (“Best Music Film”) Netflix Originals documentary I'll Sleep When I'm Dead, out now.
See our 2018 product catalog below.