Posted on 27 April 2017
Another year of Coachella has come and gone, and the fashion did not disappoint!
Grace Helbig said it best in her latest Coachella Fashion Review YouTube video stating, "no one dresses incorrectly, nor does anyone dress correctly...".
Top 5 Festival Fashion Trends
1. Festival Glitter
- Body Glitter: Instant bling! Available in a rainbow of colors to mix and match and create your own standout style. Or be like Rihanna and just wear a Gucci full glitter bodysuit!
- Glitter and Flash Tattoos: The perfect way to add major flash with minimal work. Just rub them on and get ready to party.
- Hair Glitter: Beards, hair and clothing all benefit from just a spritz (or ten) of your favorite disco dust.
- Body glitter and flash tattoo removal: Use your fingers to rub a natural oil (such as coconut oil) in small circles over the glittery areas, then follow up with a wet cotton pad to remove any excess.
- Removing glitter from hair: Lather in some olive oil before shampooing to clear your hair quickly – and enjoy the benefit from a little deep conditioning at the same time.
- Removing glitter from clothes: Spray glitter-covered clothes with hairspray and let dry before washing. This will keep those annoying bits off everything else in your load.
2. Festival Fringe
3. Sexy Festival Fashion
- Boho Style: Highlight your shoulders with a peasant blouse or off the shoulder top, paired with a long sheer skirt that accents the shapes of your legs. Festivals that operate within city blocks like Life is Beautiful are a great place to rock the off the shoulder top, this look will make it easy to go from hanging downtown, to full blown festival mode.
- Retro outfit: Channel your playful 80’s vibe with some shredded jeans or shorts over brightly colored fishnet tights. Top it all off with a slashed tank for major throwback feels.
- Punk princess: Burnout sleeves and loads of layers to contrast beautiful creamy skin? Yes please! This edgy look never goes out of style, and you’re sure to slay any crowd with your fashion savvy.
- Festival Bodysuit: Be bold and make the most of all those hours at the gym! Pair a sheer body stocking with a fishnet overlay to let those dangerous curves come out to play.
- Swim Suit and Shorts: Dare to be a little bare, but keep a little mystery! Take your favorite swimsuit from poolside to stage-side when you use it as a base for loads of lovely layers. Bikini tops and unitard styles are flirty and fresh without being too forward, setting you free to jump and spin to your heart’s content. And bikini tops are great for beach side festivals like Hangout fest!
4. Festival Fanny Packs
5. Festival Belts
OK, now that you’ve got the look, what do you need to bring?
1. Plenty of power for your phone… and guess what, we’ve got you covered! Be sure to clip your BUQU Power Bank (or two!) to your belt loop or pack to get a full charge for your phone… then snap, post and video to share the fun without running out of power at the very worst time.
2. Cash, of course. Don’t be broke when it’s time to chow down on that ridiculous festival food!
3. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. With many festivals lasting from day to night, don’t forget to protect yourself from serious sunburn. Especially important if you don’t want to deal with weird tan lines from your funky outfit.
4. Lots of water. Be sure to tote a reusable bottle to keep you hydrated throughout the fun. Bottles come in colorful styles that complement your outfit and clip onto your clothing or purse for easy access.
5. Backup beauty essentials. Dancing up a storm is fun, until you realize your makeup is crying a river down your face! Stash a couple of travel-sized basics in your fanny pack for those all-important emergency repairs, add a hair tie or scrunchie to pull your hair back after boogieing the night away.
6. Shades. Not only important for your overall style, a good quality pair of sunglasses is a must-have to keep your eyes feeling refreshed during long hours outdoors.
7. Antibacterial wipes. Let’s face it: Surfaces handled by thousands of hands can be rather nasty, and gooey festival munchies can make quite a mess. Keep yourself feeling fresh and clean with a purse pack of pre-moistened wipes.
8. Ear Plugs. Most music festival veterans pack some ear plugs, because these festivals get loud! And if you are a regular on the festival scene, ear plugs will soon be a must.